How to block compounds?

« Older   Newer »

1. expo
        Top   Dislike

User deleted

Hello everyone , first wanted to thank you for your work with the mod, I saw a few days published in Series RFE ago, download it and gave me a few laps , What most caught my attention was the graphics performance . Although in general I like it.

'm Admnistrador of an unknown league and with only 2 years of experience, my intention was to use this great mod, but I have encountered a problem, I can not block the compounds used in a GP , for example in the German GP compounds were used alone , medium and soft . and water compounds .

This prevents some pilots picaresque and not have to be watching these things.

According to the mod I've been blocked by the F1_2013_Upgrades.ini Photo

If it is true that in other mod had several files nuematicos and could assign the F1_2013_Upgrades.ini smoothly with or without trackconfig.ini .

In this mod I do not get .

Can I you can help ?

Does anyone have any idea?

Use a translator to translate English because I do not understand Italian to anyone. xD
    Sorry for the inconvenience
    regards

2.     Top   Dislike

Group
    Founder

Status
    First of all, thanks for the compliments and for choosing our mod.

Yes you are right, in our mod I have included all tires in a single .tbc
    To limit the number of compounds selectable you have to edit F1_2013_Upgrades.ini and F1_2013_Graphics.gen.

In Upgrade.ini you have to add some options for which kind of compounds you want use
    In *.gen file you have to modify some mesh lines adding special tag defined in Upgrade.ini

This is an example. Assuming you want allowing only Soft and Hard, plus Rains compounds.
    You can define two Dry Compunds like in real Formula 1: <option> and <prime>

First step is modify *gen file, and replace the lines:
    MeshFile=SSOFT_TYRE_LF.GMT[..]
    with
    MeshFile=<option>_TYRE_LF.GMT[..]

and
    MeshFile=SOFT_TYRE_LF.GMT[..]
    with
    MeshFile=<prime>_TYRE_LF.GMT[..]

Remove the lines with MEDIUM ad HARD
    Do the same for LR, RF and RR tires.

After that you have to add option in Upgrade.ini as:
    UpgradeType="Tyre Compounds"
    {
    Instance="PRIME"
    Instance="OPTION"

UpgradeLevel="Soft-Hard"
    {
    Description="Include: Soft, Hard, Intermediate, Wet"

Price=0

GEN=<prime>=HARD
    GEN=<option>=SOFT
    }
    }

Last step is to modify a Pirelli_2013.tbc file including only dry compounds allowed (in this case Soft, Hard) plus Intermediate and Rain compounds.

Assuming that for a new race you want allow SuperSoft and Medium compound you have edit Upgrade.ini and .tbc as above,
    and you will need to provide these two modified files to all your drivers.

3. expo
        Top   Dislike

User deleted

Thank you very much for the quick and clear answer, now I have time to make changes, but I will return in a few days.
    regards

4.     Top   Dislike

Group
    Founder

Status
    Hello expo, I took advantage of your question and I made an update of the mod :P
    Now the mod work as you want, and similar to others mod.
    In the EXTRA folder you can found new folders where I put diffrent Upgrade.ini for online version, for any combination of dry tires. Only you can do is choose what type of tires want allow for a race, copy and replace corresponding Upgrade.ini into your server and provide it to all your League Drivers.

3 replies since 17/1/2014, 01:33   139 views